We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Senior Hydrographic Surveyor to plan, lead and manage projects, predominantly surveys for nautical charting purposes within Australia. The person will be provided the opportunity to execute large scale projects, utilizing the latest technology in diverse locations around Australia and New Zealand. You will have the opportunity to lead a team of highly capable surveyors and engage technically with key Clients and stakeholders.
Work Country: Australia
Division / Department: Operations
Reports to: Operations Manager
What will you do:
- Work with a team to conduct survey planning estimates and formulate project proposals;
- Interact with Clients at a technical level whilst being supported by a team at the commercial level;
- Interpret specifications allowing you to conduct the project against these and compile reports to demonstrate compliance and completion of the project;
- Lead a team to prepare equipment, mobilize vessels of opportunity, execute the data acquisition plan, conduct data processing and reporting and ultimately certify the deliverables as the project Surveyor-in-Charge;
- Perform or oversee the configuration, calibration and deployment of survey equipment such as MBES, GNSS, tide gauge, current meters, sound velocity sensors etc;
- Set in place the plan and oversee all on-site data acquisition (seafloor mapping, coastline, sediment samples, positioning of features (land and subsea) etc), and field processing/data checks;
- Set data compilation, processing (bathymetry, navigation, oceanographic etc) and reporting (field records and final technical reports) procedures, overseeing implementation and conducting final QC and approval of all project deliverables;
- Conduct data interpretation of the seabed nature and features, providing recommendations to the client for charting and final acceptance;
- Integrate dataset to Geographic Information System for intermediate and final deliverable products (plans/maps/charts/images), as well as instigating and contributing to new workflows and process;
- Adhere and be part of all HSE elements related to your role and projects;
- To achieve the requirements, extended periods in the field will be required, however, you will be rewarded with a continually changing office in some of the World’s most stunning locations;
- Have the ability to work from home or the office when not engaged on projects.
Who you are:
- FIG/IHO Category A surveyor, or a Certified Professional Hydrographic Surveyor Level 1 with the Australasian Hydrographic Surveyors Certification Panel, or regional equivalent. Or the ability to achive Certification in the near future;
- Experience in conducting hydrographic surveys for nautical charting purposes;
- Competent in hydrographic data acquisition and processing software packages;
- Strong understanding of tides and geodetics;
- Strong understanding of quality management such as standards, regulations and applicable policies and procedures;
- Good practical experience with office tools: MS Office, One Drive, Microsoft Teams, among others;
- Residency or work visa entitlements to work in Australia.
- Thoughtful, thorough and conscientious;
- Interested in the development of others and strives for the best for the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in their work;
- Integrity, credibility, and maturity for confidential issues;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy;
- Ability to work as a trusted advisor with senior stakeholders;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company’s purpose;
- Critical thinker with the ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- Experience in the renewables sector;
- Experience in multi-sensor surveys, particularly Sub Bottom Profiling;
- Experience in oceanographic observations;
- BOSIET ;
- OGUK or AMSA Medical.
What you can expect:
Since the beginning we are committed to provide all our people with the best possible work conditions and benefits. Therefore, as we grow globally, we are constantly striving to go beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average.
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviors and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe that our environment can be anyone’s environment, and one that is sensitive to local needs.