We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don't believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don't stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there's definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what's usually considered to be the 'market average'.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking a geophysicist/geologist grade 1, to process and interpret geophysical datasets from, including but not limited to, Side Scan Sonar (inc. Edgetech and HiSAS systems), Magnetometers, Gradiometers, Sub Bottom Profilers (inc. Edgetech and Innomar systems) and single channel seismic data. We are looking for a person who fulfills the IMCA requirements for Grade 1 geophysicist, enjoys working in project-based teams, who is proactive, works independently with hers/his tasks and is and active communicator.
Work Country: Sweden, UK
Work Location: Offshore
Reports to: Geologist Manager, Deputy Geologist Manager
What will you do:
The Geophysicist Grade 1 assists the Senior Geophysicist/Offline Coordinator (OC) and/or the Project Report Coordinator (PRC) and is responsible for ensuring that data processing and results meet the project specifications with no or minimum interruption.
OI is currently transforming operations at sea by transitioning offshore personnel to remote operations meaning that you will be asked to work both onboard vessels, in remote control centers or remotely.
The Grade 1 Geophysicist is responsible for:
- With very limited support from the Senior Geophysicist/OC/PRC, works independently with data processing from acquisition to final product for the following instruments:
- Side Scan Sonar
- Sub Bottom Profiler (including single-channel ultra-high resolution seismic)
- Geotechnical samplers
- Actively communicate with the Senior Geophysicist/OC/PRC to ensure data acquisition and processing meet project requirements and highlight and/or solve any deviations from the requirements;
- Able to lead and support junior personnel processing according to the procedures;
- Assist the Senior Geophysicist/OC/PRC with project preparation and presentation and coordinate data processing within the project;
- Ensure that the processing logs are properly utilised and follow up on any deviations;
- Attest QC documentation for daily processing procedures;
- Sign off relevant mobilisation and calibration results, data deliverables, and report contents for standard small-scale projects;
- Make decision regarding processing that deviates from project specifications, in consensus with the Senior Geophysicist/OC/PRC;
- Assign tasks to the data processing team according to the Senior Geophysicist’s /OC’s /PRC’s instructions.
Who you are:
- Fulfills the requirements for Grade 1 IMCA standards with 3 years' experience;
- Fluent in English, written and spoken;
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft 365 and Geophysical commercial software including but not limited to, Chesapeak Sonarwiz, IHS Kingdom, RadExPro and Geosoft Oasis Montaj;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company's purpose;
- Strong communicative skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Good influencing, negotiation, and communication skills;
- Analytical and planning skills, is pro-active, and takes initiative;
- Integrity, credibility, and maturity for confidential issues;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Knowledge of programming (e.g. C# and Python) is desirable as we continuously are working on improvements of our processing procedures Experience in coordinating smaller teams of geologist/geophysicists in day to day work in a project;
- Experience in AUV survey, remote operations and HiSAS data.