We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don't believe in boundaries. We challenge everything
and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don't stop at our front door. Our business is
built on the belief that there's definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble,
collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what's usually considered to be the 'market average'.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
As the HSEQ Operational Team Lead at Ocean Infinity, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating the Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality (HSEQ) Advisors, across the organization's operational (Project) activities. Your role will involve developing and implementing HSEQ strategies, managing a team of HSEQ professionals, and ensuring a culture of safety, compliance, and continuous improvement.
Work Country: Gothenburg - Sweden
Reports to: HSEQ Director
Description and Main Purpose
The HSEQ Advisor works with Ocean Infinity HSEQ systems on a daily basis, which includes work with tendering, projects and development and management of HSEQ related systems.
The duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Ocean Infinity HSEQ systems on a daily basis, which includes work with tendering, projects and development and management of HSEQ related systems;
- Assist in developing and execute the overall HSEQ strategy and action plans to ensure a robust and proactive approach to safety, health, environment, and quality within Ocean Infinity's operational activities.
- Lead and mentor a team of HSEQ professionals, providing guidance, support, and training to ensure their professional development and effective execution of HSEQ responsibilities. Delegate projects to HSEQ Advisors
- Oversee and coordinate HSEQ activities, including risk assessments, incident investigations, HSE inspections, and compliance with applicable regulations, industry standards, and certifications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate HSEQ requirements into operational plans, projects, and processes, ensuring consistency and alignment with company objectives.
- Conduct regular meetings to verify functionality towards Project and the Asset Team.
- Drive updates and implementation of HSEQ management systems, procedures, and performance indicators to promote a strong safety culture and achieve operational excellence, especially related to chartered vessels.
- Being a part of and contribute to the development and implementation of emergency response plans, business continuity strategies, and crisis management protocols. Be a part of the HSEQ department’s Incident reporting 24/7 duty.
- Support the coordination and monitoring of safety-related permits, licenses, and certifications for offshore operations.
- Foster strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, regulatory bodies, and industry partners to promote collaboration, share best practices, and stay informed about emerging HSEQ trends and regulations.
- Support the Tender Advisor in addressing HSEQ issues throughout the tender processes, ensuring compliance with HSEQ requirements and promoting a strong safety culture.
- Manage HSEQ issues during project execution and reporting, monitoring and implementing necessary corrective actions to maintain high safety and environmental standards.
- Assist in conducting internal and external audits related to regional offices, ensuring adherence to HSEQ policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Stay updated on local regulations impacting vessels involved in projects, ensuring compliance and providing guidance to ensure adherence to HSEQ standards.
- Travel to attend vessel and client meetings, fostering effective communication and collaboration on HSEQ matters.
- Act as deputy for the Head of HSEQ, supporting their responsibilities and ensuring seamless HSEQ management and oversight in her absence.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience) or Bachelor in Maritime related topics. (Such as Master Mariner)
- Extensive experience in HSEQ management within the maritime, preferably offshore, with a proven track record of leading and managing HSEQ initiatives.
- Maritime Background, either as mariner or at a shipping company for at least 2 years.
- Have at least 3 years HSE experience, preferably in projects;
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate others, foster a culture of safety, and promote continuous improvement.
- Strong understanding of quality management such as standards, regulations and applicable policies and procedures;
- Good practical experience with office tools: MS Office, Google Drive, Teams, e-mail, among others;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, manage multiple priorities, and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Thoughtful, thorough and conscientious;
- Interested in the others and strives for the best for the team;
- Interested in others and strives to act in the best interests of the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Integrity, credibility and maturity for confidential issues;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy;
- Ability to work as a trusted advisor with senior stakeholders;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company's purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- Professional certifications in HSEQ (e.g., NEBOSH, ISO lead auditor) are highly desirable.
- Incident Investigation qualification.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.