Geowynd is part of the Ocean Infinity group offering market leading advanced geo-services to the offshore renewable industry. Geowynd is a geosolutions company that deploys smart data analytics and testing methods to interpret and integrate big data from the seabed and sub-seabed to realise opportunities for offshore energy assets. Our mission is to deliver data-driven advanced geodata analysis and interpretation to our Clients to the highest standards and to ensure that ground risks are mitigated and design opportunities are realised. We find innovative reliable solutions for some of the world’s most complex geotechnical problems. Geowynd are committed to supporting the global transition towards fossil-fuel free living, enabling people and the planet to thrive.
At Geowynd we embrace a culture of innovation and continuously strive for improvement through team collaboration and continued learning. Our aim is the continual development of engaged, passionate engineers and geo-professionals that solve complex problems that add real value to renewable energy projects. During your career at Geowynd, you’ll have the chance to work on some of the largest offshore renewable energy projects in the world and work within a technical leading team.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what's usually considered to be the 'market average'.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are seeking a Data Processor to process, manage and store complex datasets from geotechnical laboratory testing at our laboratory facility in Southampton, UK.
Description and Main Purpose of the Job
The successful candidate will be a laboratory team member at Geowynd and will be focused on providing the highest quality, high value data for interpretation by the laboratory engineering team. The Data Processor role will be focused on processing laboratory data, but duties may also include taking an active role in the accreditation process, including being audited by external assessors.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Processing geotechnical laboratory test data, including classification, oedometer, triaxial, direct simple shear and resonant column test data using in-house processing routines and tools.
- Managing and storing laboratory data in accordance with company processes to ensure the integrity and security of laboratory datasets.
- Developing and updating data processing and management tools to increase process efficiency, robustness, and economy.
- Ensuring test programming and tracking software is updated to allow accurate testing progress updates to be provided to clients.
- Assisting with calibration of laboratory test equipment, in particular about measuring, monitoring and correcting for equipment compliance.
- Performing daily equipment & environmental quality checks throughout the laboratory, informing the senior personnel where anything out of the ordinary or out of specification is found.
- Taking an active role during accreditation assessments and performing verification tests when required to do so.
- Assisting in the compilation of factual laboratory reports.
- Complying with Geowynd management system policies, practices, programs, and procedures.
- Supporting Geowynd’s environmental and social goals.
You will have the following key skills:
- High-level user of Microsoft Excel, including use of VBA to automate data processing tasks
- The ability to operate within a team, and at times be comfortable working under your own initiative.
- An eye for detail, and the ability to follow written procedures.
- An innovative and creative approach to problem solving.
The following skills are desirable for the role:
- Experience in the development of code in Python or Matlab.
- Experience with artificial intelligence algorithms.
- Prior experience of working within a laboratory environment.
- An interest in geotechnical laboratory testing.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.