We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don't believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don't stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there's definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what's usually considered to be the 'market average.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Mechanical & Hydraulic Technician.
The Mechanical & Hydraulic Technician will assist in the design, production, operation & support of various marine robotic systems, including seafloor drills. You will both be able to complete solo tasks and contribute effectively in a team environment. You will be friendly, co-operative and genuinely engaged in the work we are doing. You have a strong sense of curiosity and a desire to “learn by doing." However, you will also have a firm grounding in the safe assembly and test of complex mechanical and hydraulic systems and components.
Work Country: Burnaby, Canada
Work Location: Onsite
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build, test & operate marine robotic systems;
- Hands on mechanical assembly of marine robotic systems;
- Work with several other technologists, engineers & managers to achieve project goals;
- Liaise with other disciplines as needed, including: Software, Electrical, Mechanical, Project Management & Operations;
- Participate in design reviews and continuous improvement practices as needed;
- Will be a “go to” resource for many practical aspects of subsea mechanical assembly;
- Monitor inventory levels and recommend purchases as appropriate;
- Deliver solutions that are fit for purpose and meet constraints;
- Keep the mechanical shop neat, tidy, organized & stocked;
- Will be a champion of safe shop practices and maintain a safe & efficient electrical shop environment;
- International travel may be required;
- Offshore work may be required;
- College diploma or higher with focus on mechanical systems OR high school diploma and significant relevant work experience;
- Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident status;
Required Skills & Experience
- Mechanical & hydraulic systems assembly based on approved drawings;
- Sound knowledge of hydraulic circuit and mechanical assembly drawing conventions;
- Hands on mechanical & hydraulic systems assembly skills;
- Mechanical & hydraulic systems troubleshooting;
- Strong understanding of quality management such as standards, regulations and applicable policies and procedures;
- Good practical experience with office tools: MS Office, Google Drive, Teams, e-mail, among others;
- Thoughtful, thorough and conscientious;
- Interested in the others and strives for the best for the team;
- Interested in others and strives to act in the best interests of the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Integrity, credibility and maturity for confidential issues;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company's purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet;
- High pressure (>3,000psi) hydraulic circuits assembly and servicing;
- Light fabrication using power and hand tools;
- Electrical systems integration;
- Subsea systems;
- First aid;
- Forklift operation;
- Mechanical shop organization;
What you can expect
Since the beginning we are committed to provide all our people with the best possible work conditions and benefits. Therefore, as we grow globally, we are constantly striving to go beyond what's usually considered to be the 'market average.
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe that our environment can be anyone’s environment, and one that is sensitive to local needs.