We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don't believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don't stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there's definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what's usually considered to be the 'market average;’
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Material Handler that will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the storeroom. They are responsible for all ordering, receiving and inventory activity of the stores. This position requires structure, a sense of autonomy and proactivity. You will be able to complete solo tasks and contribute effectively in a team environment. We encourage a strong sense of curiosity and a desire to “learn by doing."
Work location: Burnaby, Canada
What you will do:
- Management and organization of the materials stores;
- Unload & receive incoming shipments;
- Double-check packing slips with appropriate technical staff;
- Verify & cross-check incoming paperwork against our purchase orders;
- Put parts/assemblies (in the ERP system and physically using a forklift/pallet jack) in stock once receiving inspection is complete;
- Issue parts/assemblies out to production (in the ERP system and physically using a forklift/pallet jack) as per work order bill of material;
- Perform cycle counts (inventory) on a periodic basis (quarterly/annually);
- Manage potential returns if parts/assemblies are found faulty;
- Point-of-contact for all shipping & receiving related enquiries;
- Ensuring items have appropriate paperwork regarding testing and inspection;
- Assist with Quality to ensure appropriate records are maintained;
- Assist with packing as necessary;
- Prepare shipping manifests and associated paperwork;
- Lift & move items up to 50lbs;
- Participate in continual Quality Management System improvement;
- Liaise and work with organisation as needed;
- Liaise with procurement to ensure competitive and appropriate rates for shipping;
- Overseeing all outsourced facilities service (Security, Cleaning, Engineering Maintenance);
- Overseeing maintenance contracts and any related contractor site visits for reactive and non-reactive works;
- Point of contact for any issues at the facility & liaison with the maintenance company;
- Manage stock – facility related;
- Day to day management of the office space from the basic pantry fulfilment to service and compliance requirements that will need someone on the ground to oversee.
Who you are:
- High school diploma;
- Post-secondary diploma, certificate or coursework in relevant field;
- Current Fork-lift certification;
- Current BC driver’s license;
- Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident status;
- 3 years of shipping/receiving experience;
- Prior experience with international clearances & customs paperwork;
- Knowledge of international shipping standards & requirements ;
- Strong understanding of quality management such as standards, regulations and applicable policies and procedures;
- Good practical experience with office tools: MS Office, Google Drive, Teams, e-mail, among others;
- Thoughtful, thorough and conscientious;
- Interested in others and strives to act in the best interests of the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Integrity, credibility and maturity for confidential issues;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company's purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001:2008 procedures;
- Familiarity with typical electrical & mechanical engineering suppliers;
- Prior experience working with Material Safety Data Sheets (filing);
- Comfortable using basic hand tools & carpentry;
- Prior experience with inventory control;
- Experience working with the Jobscope ERP system;
What you can expect;
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.