We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don't believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don't stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there's definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what's usually considered to be the 'market average'.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking an HSSEQ Site advisor
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced HSSEQ Site Advisor to be based in Southampton, serving as the primary point of contact for all offices within the UK. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance with legal requirements, providing support functions, and promoting a culture of health, safety, security, environment, and quality excellence for our UK operations and the Remote Control Center (RCC). The HSSEQ site advisor will report directly to the head of HSSEQ.
Description and Main Purpose of the Job
What will you do:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for environmental matters, liaising with stakeholders, clients, regulatory authorities, and local communities to promote transparent communication and address concerns;
- Maintain and update environmental reports, ensuring accurate and up-to-date documentation of environmental performance metrics, impacts, and progress towards goals;
- Develop, monitor, and manage environmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and objectives, tracking performance and identifying areas for improvement;
- Stay current with legal requirements and regulations related to the environment, ensuring the organization's compliance and advocating for sustainable practices;
- Collaborate with the HSSEQ team on site duties, including incident response, emergency preparedness, and safety drills;
- Regularly update environmental-related documents, policies, and procedures to reflect current best practices, standards, and regulatory requirements;
- Collaborate closely with various departments, including operations, engineering, and procurement, to integrate environmental considerations into their processes and decision-making;
- Assist in the development and execution of initiatives and projects aimed at reducing the organization's environmental footprint and enhancing sustainability efforts;
- Participate in internal and external environmental audits, assisting with the identification of areas for improvement and the implementation of corrective actions;
- Contribute to the communication and marketing of the company's environmental initiatives to clients, stakeholders, and the public;
- Aid in audits and inspections from third parties.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Health & Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering);
- Proven experience in HSSEQ roles, with a strong understanding of UK regulations and standards;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail;
- Ability to influence and drive change;
- Proficient in MS Office suite and HSSEQ management software;
- Thoughtful, thorough and conscientious;
- Interested in others and strives to act in the best interests of the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Integrity, credibility and maturity for confidential issues;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy;
- Ability to work as a trusted advisor with senior stakeholders;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company's purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- Professional certifications in HSEQ (e.g., NEBOSH, ISO lead auditor) are highly desirable;
- ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 training;
- Incident Investigation qualification.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.