We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don't believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don't stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there's definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking an ambitious, self-motivated individual with a passion for improving marine standards onboard our brand new fleet of offshore vessels. You will be a part of the HSSEQ team responsible for ensuring high standards of operational excellence are met and ensuring the companies safety management system is properly implemented. Working closely with colleagues ashore and afloat, the Marine Assurance Superintendent is expected to drive change and enforce compliance throughout the fleet.
Description and Main Purpose of the Job
What will you do:
- Carry out internal audits of the fleet and report the findings to the HSSEQ and Fleet Management Team;
- Carry out regular inspections of vessels and prepare reports in a timely manner;
- Prepare the vessels either via shipboard audits/inspections or via remote assistance for Vetting Inspection (OVID, CMID);
- Coordinate and arrange for vetting inspections (OVID, CMID) of vessels as applicable to ensure that they are carried out within the stipulated time frame;
- Communicate with clients and take participate in clients meetings;
- In charge of preparing company reports on marine assurance activities;
- Assist the wider HSSEQ team in any Marine, Operation and Safety/Security matters;
- Actively participating in the development of procedures as Armada progresses to an autonomous state;
- Take active part in the emergency response team;
- Lead or participate in incident investigation when needed.
Who you are:
- Holder of an STCW II/2 Certificate of Competence;
- ISM, ISPS, ISO and MLC Auditing qualification;
- Seagoing experience as Chief Officer or above in an offshore environment with DP experience;
- Strong communication skills with experience dealing with clients;
- Good understanding of shipboard marine systems;
- Ability to learn new systems when new technology is introduced;
- Must be conversant with ISM/ISPS/MLC/ISO Codes;
- Good practical experience with office tools: MS Office, Google Drive, Teams, e-mail, among others;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Integrity, credibility and maturity for confidential issues;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company's purpose;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.