We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don't believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don't stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there's definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what's usually considered to be the 'market average'.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking a Survey Advisor Lead who will primarily focus on enabling efficient remote work capabilities for the remote survey operators. Additionally, this role will involve supervising and creating workflows for the Survey Advisor role to enhance project support and efficiency.
Description and Main Purpose of the Job
What will you do:
- Implement systematic workflows and procedures for the remote survey operators;
- Define standardised responsibilities and deliverables for Survey Advisors;
- Develop and implement administrative tools;
- Develop and implement systematic survey workflows;
- Develop survey setup and survey methods;
- Act as Survey Advisor in commercial projects when required;
- Support and guide Survey Advisors in commercial projects;
- Provide support within the organisation;
- Support Tender Managers and Project Managers;
- Develop and improve quality assurance procedures;
- Monitor, measure, and report on operational issues;
- Provide feedback for technology development;
- Contribute to global expansion strategy.
Who you are:
- Up to 10 years’ experience of offshore operations;
- Understanding of offshore survey operations, technological developments in remote work and a strong focus on systematic work;
- Good practical experience with office tools: MS Office, Google Drive, Teams, e-mail, among others;
- Interested in others and strives to act in the best interests of the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company's purpose;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- Experience as Survey Advisor or Senior Surveyor with strong technical skills.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.